Friday, June 13, 2008

Marvy Paper Crimpers



I was thinking about alternatives to the embossing machines out there such as the Sizzix or the Cuttlebug. For me, I am a Cricut chick & I was not sure if I really would make good use of another machine. My sole purpose of getting an additional machine would be to get the embossing effects that I have seen on cards that I admire that I am unable to get from my Cricut. I came across Marvy Paper Crimpers. This tool comes in 5 different patterns that will give your paper an embossed effect for a fraction of the cost. Although 5 different patterns is definitely a small amount in comparison to the options that the Cuttlebug and/or Sizzix machines provide, if you are just testing the waters on the embossed look, this may be a good option for you. This is definitely a much cheaper way to see if this is something that you think you would like.

On my card, I used the Paper Crimper Bubbles on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of Bazzill Bling Paper. The tool was easy to use & the process was quick. I used my cute little Snag Em Giraffe Stamp. I embellished this little guy with some googly eyes &
dew drops. Some of my customers have had this stamp arrive with their purchase from my store. There are still a few giraffes left so if you place your order soon, you should be able to Snag Em.

Hugs,

5 comments:

deb said...

WOW I love this card! I love that little guy as you know! You didn't tell me about this crimper embosser! I like it!
hugz

Kim said...

Loreen that card is ADORABLE! Love the embossing and the giraff is so darn cute!!!! Great work! TFS!
Hugs~ Kim

stampingtink said...

Great background! The giraffe is just too stinkin cute. I love this card! This is a great idea!

Judy Rozema said...

What a darling little giraffe!!

Bunny B said...

Love this card! Super cute!